Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting a Special New Year

Happy New Year everyone!  Happy....and SPECIAL.  Why special?

Maybe because today is 1/1/11.  I figure that any year that starts out with "four-of-a-kind" in its hand is a lucky one and destined to be special.

Maybe because I am finally starting my own blog after years of reading everyone else's.  Thank you "everyone else", many of whom will be credited in future posts; your efforts to write and share have been inspirational.  Ask my husband...for me to start any type of journal/writing--that is special :)...

Maybe because, after 30 yrs of trying, I was finally able to get my dear husband (who is uncomfortable with heights and cliffs and, thus, smarter than I am) to stand on the edge of a cliff with me for a photo in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  It makes me believe that more unexpected, positive, and special things can and will happen to us all if we try hard and long enough...

                                          Observation Point, Zion Nat'l Park, Nov 2010

Maybe because of this 1/1/11 sunrise that I captured right from our deck this morning...




Happy Special New Year everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year T2! (easier than typing our trail turtle. Ever notice that 'turtle' does exactly not flow off the fingertips?... I digress)

    I love that your hubby has the same "Oh Sh*t!" apprehensive posture as I was sporting when my dad talked me into the Devil's Diving Board in Yosemite.

    Welcome to the blogging world! May it suck up all the of the free time (ok, and some of the work time) you never knew you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RBR--
    At least, I didn't choose "tortoise." :))) Maybe the T2 thing will stick...

    I think my hubby was thinking more than "Oh Sh*t" when he was on that cliff.

    Thanks for giving me a laugh with your "welcoming words"....though I doubt I'll be laughing when I am frantically trying to finish a post so that I can get more than 4 hrs of sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do realize that once you start blogging you can’t ever stop right?

    I can’t wait to read about all of your adventures.

    All the best,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete